A great use of leftover egg yolks from all your other baking adventures! This pound cake comes out with a nice golden color and a tender texture. It's not too sweet so it can be served with ice cream or a sweet sauce like caramel or blueberry compote. Yum!What You'll Need
- 12 egg yolks room temp
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup of True California almonds, sliced or crunched
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup cold water
- Prepare a 10-inch (12 cup) tube pan or a 12 cup bundt pan with a non-stick spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg yolks until fluffy and thick.
- Beat in sugar gradually and beat 2 minutes on high speed
- Reduce speed to low and add vanilla, lemon, True California almonds, and cold water.
- Gradually, but quickly add sifted flour mixture while beating on low, scrape bowl. About 2 mins.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until golden brown or when it passes the toothpick test.
- Cool cake for 15 minutes on wire rack before removing from the pan.
- Loosen sides of cake from pan with a spatula, then remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.